21/7/2018
Dear diary,
As I walk on the streets of my college, (yeah! I finally did join one!), I draw parllels between my worlds at home in Central India and here down South of the country. The worlds are both beautiful, are both amicable and disagreeable facets. But both are pretty awesome in their domains.
When I used to walk down to the lake near my house, many-a-times I felt that the trees welcomed me. The old and dry leaves shed themselves to create path for the younger ones to to be born, to grow into tender leaflings and grow to become the glory of the air around. The bougenvilla that dotted the road shed its pinky petals as if awaiting the Lord's return.
Even here in this new world, thankfully enough there are more trees than I expected. There are many gardens. Flowers are seldom seen though. But still, the hills around the town erase some of my loss.
Early in the morning, when the winds hit my face hard and they are fresh I know, the slumber flees at a pace unheard of even in mystic forces. And the wind dies out leaving crows calling its name all around (one generally does not find cuckoos down here in monsoon). Every day, as I walk past the gardens and roads to reach the class - there is silence. Occasional sound indeed - but deep silence without, though songs strangely ring within. Sometimes, its a prayer. Many a times, its a song to seek strength. Occassionaly though, they are my favourite cinematic or band songs ( I am erratic I know!!!)
I have lived in many parts of India. But as a growing mind - as a child. And of course, my companions were children - best friends of course - no malice, no ills. Only play and love with no reasons attached. You did not have to be a genius to create a company. You just had to be a normal child!!!! Now as I move, you need qualities, you need language, personality and openness probably to make a friend. People don't just come to asking, 'hamare saath khelega?'(will you play with us?). But as the mind grows, it creates walls which are necessary but misused. You have to be better to seek company. Or you could remain simple to have one.
The strange part of the college is lack of interaction. Though I have always been the last person to introduce myself (at least for some 7 years now, as I remember), the remaining introductions have largely been WhatsApp based. In an era of Technology, look at me - even I have no means but to put forth myself into this digital diary. I seldom confide to this intricacy in any one. I don't believe many of us do. But then, here even books - my best friends, are but a caricature of their existence. They too survive into this digital world, not in the word I was fond of seeing them in.
It is still good here, just like all places are - a kaleidoscope of pros and cons. A rainbow of people, of languages and ethnicities, of thoughts and ideas and of course of perceiving new ideas and development.
That being asserted, thank you dear one to spend so much time with me. Sorry to be so elaborate.
27.07.2018
Vellore
Tamil Nadu, India
As I walk on the streets of my college, (yeah! I finally did join one!), I draw parllels between my worlds at home in Central India and here down South of the country. The worlds are both beautiful, are both amicable and disagreeable facets. But both are pretty awesome in their domains.
When I used to walk down to the lake near my house, many-a-times I felt that the trees welcomed me. The old and dry leaves shed themselves to create path for the younger ones to to be born, to grow into tender leaflings and grow to become the glory of the air around. The bougenvilla that dotted the road shed its pinky petals as if awaiting the Lord's return.

Even here in this new world, thankfully enough there are more trees than I expected. There are many gardens. Flowers are seldom seen though. But still, the hills around the town erase some of my loss.
Early in the morning, when the winds hit my face hard and they are fresh I know, the slumber flees at a pace unheard of even in mystic forces. And the wind dies out leaving crows calling its name all around (one generally does not find cuckoos down here in monsoon). Every day, as I walk past the gardens and roads to reach the class - there is silence. Occasional sound indeed - but deep silence without, though songs strangely ring within. Sometimes, its a prayer. Many a times, its a song to seek strength. Occassionaly though, they are my favourite cinematic or band songs ( I am erratic I know!!!)
I have lived in many parts of India. But as a growing mind - as a child. And of course, my companions were children - best friends of course - no malice, no ills. Only play and love with no reasons attached. You did not have to be a genius to create a company. You just had to be a normal child!!!! Now as I move, you need qualities, you need language, personality and openness probably to make a friend. People don't just come to asking, 'hamare saath khelega?'(will you play with us?). But as the mind grows, it creates walls which are necessary but misused. You have to be better to seek company. Or you could remain simple to have one.
The strange part of the college is lack of interaction. Though I have always been the last person to introduce myself (at least for some 7 years now, as I remember), the remaining introductions have largely been WhatsApp based. In an era of Technology, look at me - even I have no means but to put forth myself into this digital diary. I seldom confide to this intricacy in any one. I don't believe many of us do. But then, here even books - my best friends, are but a caricature of their existence. They too survive into this digital world, not in the word I was fond of seeing them in.
It is still good here, just like all places are - a kaleidoscope of pros and cons. A rainbow of people, of languages and ethnicities, of thoughts and ideas and of course of perceiving new ideas and development.
That being asserted, thank you dear one to spend so much time with me. Sorry to be so elaborate.
27.07.2018
Vellore
Tamil Nadu, India

Comments
Post a Comment